Carnage Has Never Looked So Beautiful! Specifically, through the beauty of a haiku, an ancient Japanese poetry technique featuring three lines of text with 5, 7 and 5 syllables per line respectively.
Demonstrate your knowledge of Drakengard 3's rich lore and universe to conjure up your very own 3-lined masterpieces that will be judged by the development staff themselves for a chance to win some extremely rare Drakengard 3 Japanese 10th Anniversary Boxes.
To enter, follow these steps:
Official rules can be found here.
Each of the Intoner Sisters have playable DLC Prologues available now on the PlayStation®Store!
I. CONTEST OVERVIEW
Drakengard 3 is set in a world fraught with turmoil as Zero, the game’s protagonist, sets out on a quest for the blood of her own sisters, magic-wielding “Intoners.” With so many emotions, memories and beauty all rolled into one, it’s easy to see why the franchise has garnered such a passionate following. It’s this passion that we’re after!
Starting today, we’re sending out a call to arms for our fans to demonstrate how much beauty all of this chaos can create. Specifically, through the beauty of a haiku, a Japanese poetry technique featuring three lines of text with 5, 7, and 5 syllables per line respectively. Demonstrate your knowledge of Drakengard 3’s rich lore and universe to conjure up your very own 3-lined masterpieces.
If you think that’s easy, here’s an extra layer of challenge: Your haiku has to reference at least one of the sisters, (Zero, One, Two, Three, Four, or Five) and to be a real haiku, has to have some element of nature in it! Also, this competition is being hosted on Twitter so you’ll have to complete your submissions in 140 characters or less. Once done, submit your entry by following these simple steps.
As you can see the rules are pretty simple. To give you some food for thought, here’s an example.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five
Zero must kill their essence
What fuels her fire?
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF VALID ENTRIES RECEIVED AND QUALITY OF SUBMISSIONS.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA
All entries will be judged by internal Square Enix staff on the merits of creativity and relevance to the Drakengard 3 brand. Remember, Carnage Has Never Looked So Beautiful!
The top 20 submissions will then be shared with our Drakengard 3 development team, who will be selecting the top three winners. They’ve been with the game since day one, so make your entries count!
4. SUBMISSION PERIOD:
06/17 – 07/01
We know ALL of you have already beaten the game multiple times over, but for those of you who haven’t, this period gives you some time to get acquainted and draw further inspiration from the game.
You may enter multiple times by tweeting, however, you are only eligible to win 1 prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION PERIOD
07/02 – 7/22 – Judging period
On or around 07/29 - winners will be announced
(1) Signed Japanese Drag-On Dragoon 10th Anniversary Box ($200 value)
(1) Signed North American Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition ($79.99 value)
(1) Signed Japanese Drag-On Dragoon 10th Anniversary Box ($200 value)
(1) Japanese Drag-On Dragoon 10th Anniversary Box - unsigned ($200 value)
(5) Honorary mentions will receive 1 PSN North American Drakengard 3 game code + 1 Collector’s Edition DLC code ($79.99 value)
Prizes are not transferable. Actual retail value of prizes may vary due to market conditions at the time prizes are awarded. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Square Enix reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at its sole discretion without notice. No substitutions or exchanges (including cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
7. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, their respective parent companies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and other affiliated companies, and the directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, and agents of the same, will not be responsible for any of the following: (a) late, lost, misrouted, distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) Contest disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
8. Each Winner shall comply with federal, state, and local laws at all times.
In no event will a Winner be entitled to any fee, royalty, or other compensation of any kind as a result of the Contest. By entering, the entrant (and, if a Minor, his or her legal guardian) irrevocably waives any right to compensation for Sponsor’s use of such entrant’s data in accordance with these rules.
All federal, state, and local taxes, license, title, and/or registration fees or other costs, associated with winning the prize are the sole responsibility of EACH winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees, and costs.
9. GENERAL RELEASE. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU (AND, IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS) RELEASE SPONSOR, SQUARE ENIX, INC., ITS PARENT COMPANY, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS OF THE SAME (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, RELATED TO ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR DELIVERY, MISDELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL AND WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, OR OTHER THEORY). IF A WINNER IS A MINOR, SUCH WINNER’S PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY THE WINNER.
10. Use of a Winner’s Name, Likeness, Etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use such Winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and other information for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. Such Winner will not claim any rights or considerations regarding the use of such Winner’s submission data by Sponsor. Such Winner will not claim any right or considerations based on his or her submission data. Such Winner will not have any proprietary right or interest of any kind in the copyrights, trademark, ownership, or any other proprietary rights in connection with this Contest. Each Winner acknowledges that the products related to, and the trademark rights in, the SQUARE ENIX® marks are exclusive to Sponsor and include, but are not limited to, the rights to use, reproduce, sell, distribute, broadcast, display, and make derivative works of, without compensation to the Winner.
11. Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being the Winner, the Winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver, and acceptance of these Official Rules (and Consent Form by the Winner’s parents or legal guardians, if the Winner is a Minor) by the date specified by Sponsor in the Notification Package.
12. Copyright. The Contest and all accompanying materials are Copyright ©2014 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States of America. Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or should Sponsor otherwise become (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned at any time without any notice. An entrant who violates these Official Rules, violates the rules of the Square Enix Members site, tampers with the operation of the Contest, or engages in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or for any other reason.
14. Winner List. To obtain an official list showing the Winner, send a self-addressed business-sized envelope to Square Enix, Inc., 999 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 3rd Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245, Attn: DRAKENGARD 3 HAIKU TWITTER CONTEST.
15. Contest Sponsor. SQUARE ENIX, INC. is the sole sponsor of this Contest program.